Thursday, April 1, 2010

Round and round we go

Survived Chicken just fine. And beans, they were never an issue. I did on the last day of Chicken try Potato and Pepper again, but in smaller doses than I typically have. I suspect that if I have my nightshades very limited, and time it with my cycle properly, that I can have them in small quantities. We'll still try tomatoes again later.

Tonight I'm baking a Turkey breast. So as to have that with lunch tomorrow too. Good, because I'm getting sick and tired of salad. This does not bode well over all.

Mostly, the big news is I'm back on the bike, twice this week. Yesterday I biked 1 mile as I tried to and failed to make it to the store that is 1 mile away. I only made it half way when I realized I had forgotten my lock and so therefore had to turn around. At which point I knew that while I could make it there, I was too tired to make it back easily from the store, and so just drove. There were hills too, so it wouldn't have been an easy mile. We'll try next time.

But today I had more energy. And I biked a little further than I did with PiC and OSO the last time I went out with them. 2.8 miles. I was aiming for 3, but I didn't check my route before hand and I think that worked. I bet if I actually went down to the lake and then back it would have been 3 miles. Ah well, next time. All in all that took me about 30 minutes on my own. And I feel AWESOME. And stinky.

I looked at the map though, and if I can handle biking to, around, and back from the lake, that is 5.5 miles. That's about how much it would take to get to work. And I'd be able to bike commute like PiC does. So now I have the training route I'm aiming for. :)

I did have a small bit of Not Good Enough while biking. I wasn't "dressed" right, I was going kinda slow, but I was out there. And it's going to take time. None of them gave me shit, just wanted me to get over when they were going by faster. And I don't blame them.

Also? It's a lovely 80 out there. Perfect perfect weather. Yeehaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment