Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Grump

A bit of a headache, for which I took aspirin. I feel both icky and better. This is a weird thing. It's also weird that I fell asleep sitting up in a car with the sun shining on me. NEITHER of those ever happen to me. And so I minorly worry about why I keep falling asleep like this, even though I'm grateful that I'm not having the same sorts of problems sleeping. I'll be interested to find out what it is in my diet that causes insomnia, given how little caffeine I tend to have in general anyway.

Day two has been a little easier than day one, for one because I made sure I had protein earlier in the day. I don't have a clue how I'm going to do that at work tomorrow, and that worries me. I really do not want to end up like my friend's mom who tried a wheat-free/dairy-free diet for three days and decided she'd rather live with the fibro-pain.

What I am noticing though, is a return of an interaction style that I haven't seen since college. I am rather short tempered in general now, and how short tempered is a direct relation to how hungry I am. The big problem with this is that I'm pretty much hungry constantly. I can only eat so much fruit, frankly, for snacking. And sunflower seeds are making a poor replacement for potato chips in my head. Not to mention the eating constantly is getting a little old.

We did just get a pressure cooker, though there isn't really time to mess with it tonight before dinner. Hopefully it will make it possible to have a breakfast of rice and beans in some form. Or something. I'm not sure what else I can do for breakfast. Smoothies are just not going to happen on work days, probably.

I really hope I don't end up straining my relationships here over this. That scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment