Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trying New Stuff!

I tried mung beans and amaranth for the first time last night. The amaranth was neat if weird. It turned into a sticky mass of seeds rather than growing that much bigger. It looks like bitty quinoa though. Slight nutty flavor.

The mung beans... They look horrible to me. Taste okay if there's enough extra flavoring, but I have to admit I can't look at it directly while I eat it. It really was my first pretty much entirely vegan day. Who knew you could have a wheat free and soy free vegan diet. Well, I hadn't at least.

I think that the beans would make a really good burger patty though. Stick together nicely. It's just a matter of making sure it's moist enough and flavored well enough. Maybe I can make the amaranth flatbread and then it can be almost burger like. With lots of lettuce.

I'm staying home from work today. I still feel icky, though I'm better today than I was yesterday.

One of the weird side effects is how this is affecting my experience of time. The days are going by super quickly. While I feel like I'm moving super slowly. I don't know where yesterday went.

That's part of what I'm hoping I balance out today because I was not so useful at work at all. I'm really starting to wonder if you can really do this sort of transition when holding down a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment