Friday, May 14, 2010

Resurrection!

Today marks the first time I've been on my bike in almost 3.5 weeks. I've been such a punk. In part I feel like I've been a total slacker. And no wonder I've gained a couple pounds back. But I'm ready to be riding again and hopefully the weather will cooperate more.

It's a gorgeous 70 out today after all.

In any case, I made my first foray to the grocery store a mile away by bike, and hauling groceries back on my back. WooHA that was exhilarating and fun. :) I feel like an honest to gods adult urban BIKER now, running an errand on my bike. Probably added a good extra 3 pounds to my back.

The route is interesting. it's a slight incline most of the way there except for the big downhill by my house and the big downhill by the store. It means I was working during most of it, but got a good start and a satisfying finish on the way there. The way back, it meant that I had two HUGE hills to come up with the extra weight on my back. However, I got to rest for a good period in there as I coasted most of the way home. Even made it up the home hill too and when I hit our driveway I went "What? Already?" because I had thought the hill was bigger. :-D

I definitely feel it though that I haven't been in almost a month of crappy weather or crappy attitude. Must get out again tomorrow. Maybe I an get my light installed and I'll bike to my friends' place for class tomorrow. That could be fun. Though I wonder about the biking at midnight. Without a helmet. Hmm. I'll think on it.

It felt so good to get out there again though. Must. Be. Better. About it.

No comments:

Post a Comment